Saturday, January 4, 2014

Thoughtful little boys

I'm a mother of two very active young boys aged 5 and 6. Most days are filled with breaking up fights, trying to shout over them to be quiet (ironic, I know!) and urging them to just sit still for a minute! Once in a while, little quiet moments come and their beautiful, sweet, sensitive selves come out. Tonight, 5 minutes after putting them to bed, my 5 year old crept out of his room to where I was and said "I just wanted to check that you were OK!". I know it was mostly an attempt to get out of bed than real, genuine concern for my well-being but the sentiment was so sweet that it filled my heart with even more love for my beautiful son. Ok- so I know I have just probably been conned by my 5 year old but I'm thankful even still! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment